So I got tagged by Brandon from Almost Millionaire to participate in this meme; 7 things you might not know about me.
Without further ado, here we go …
- My one major “vice” is caffeine. I probably drink at least a 2 liter bottle of Diet Mt. Dew everyday … sometimes more. I keep saying I’m going to cut back or quit, and Ana keeps rolling her eyes at me. Like most things, I suspect my wife is probably right on this one.
- I attended 7 different schools before I graduated (Air Force brat). Unfortunately, my son Justin has me beat. He’s currently a sophomore in high school, and is on school #9 … with the possibility of #10 if his mom and step-dad have to move when Michael leaves the Marines this summer.
- I’ve been playing golf on and off since I was 8 years old. When I was a teenager I could even break par on a few rare occasions, but lately I’m thrilled to shoot anything in the low 80s. None-the-less “retiring” to the golf course is still one of my dreams … hopefully to be fulfilled sooner rather than later.
- For an “average size white guy”, I’m also not a bad basketball player. I actually had to think for a little while in high about whether I wanted join the golf team, or try out for JV basketball. As of about 2 years ago, I could still pretty easily beat Justin in a game of 1-on-1. But now that he’s grown a few inches, and I’ve gained a few years, that proposition could be bit more dicey in the future.
- This one probably won’t be a shock to anybody … I spend entirely too much time on the computer. Most of it much less productive than it could be. I have hundreds of feeds saved in my Google reader. A few of my favorite non-business websites are FiveThirtyEight.com Politico.com and RealClearPolitics.com
- Speaking of Politics; I consider myself to be a Moderate Independent. Probably a little left of center on many social issues, and a “realist” when it comes to economics and foreign policy. I donated money to, and voted for Barack Obama in November … even though I have also been a fan of John McCain at times throughout his career.
- Finally, I’ve been part of the military, either as a dependent or active duty for the entire 40 years of my life. Although I’m looking forward to retiring here in the next couple of years … at the same time, I have to admit, it’s going feel really weird to not be a direct part of the military … especially if we don’t live close to a base or post.
Well, that’s a little about me … hope I didn’t bore you to death.
Now to tag a few people I know and/or have recently met: Shep from Our Big Red Barn, Lin from Tellin It Like It Is, Steve from The Trade Show Guru, Ernie and Tim from the Redneck Bar and Grill, Val from Mr Senior Blogger, Allyn from Life and Lawns,
Mireille from Lawrence Kansas Children